🏆Battle of the Beards Youth Champ🏆 7 year old Jayston Griffin of Bellevue took down an amazing bird on his family land in south Clay County. Jayston’s bird scored 65.3125 and earned him the championship belt buckle and a custom call from HuntCo, GYT 90! Congrats Jayston! 🙌🏼🦃 #tf2022 #claycountyturkeyfest #bobchamp #youthhunting #kidsintheoutdoors #bobyouthchamp #bellevueisd Avery Griffin
🏆 Three-Time Battle of the Beards Champ🏆 Colby Robinson brought in the highest scoring bird of the entire competition with 65.875 points. This Prize-winning Rio was 23 lbs and had spurs 1 1/4 in. long, also scoring Colby the Heaviest Weight and Longest Spur awards. Colby has won the Battle of the Beards three times since the inception of the contest. Congrats Colby! #TeamDropEmDead #tf2022 #claycountyturkeyfest #battleofthebeards #BOBCHAMP
🥇Colby Robinson 65.875
🥈Jared Martin 62.1875
🥉Charlie Newberry 61.75
David McMillion 59.4375
Patrick Silvertooth 59
Cole Schaffner 57.875
Chris Porter 33
🥇Jayston Griffin 65.3125
🥈Brysen Moore 59.6875
🥉Piersen Silvertooth 50.75
Nettie Seel 50.6875
Turkey Fest is not only a competition for the professional hunters, but for anyone wanting to have a shot against the local competition. The open competition has both an Adult and Youth division. Winner goes home with bragging rights, up to $2,000 cash prize, and more!
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. All hunters must have a valid hunting license.
2. The contest will have the following divisions:
· Adult Division: Any turkey legally harvested in Texas or Oklahoma.
· Youth Division: Any turkey legally harvested in Texas or Oklahoma by a youth who does not reach the age of 17 years on or before the beginning of the current contest.
Prizes: Adult Division: Single Beard- $1000, Buckle & a Pierce Cooler; Multi Beard- $1000, Buckle; Heaviest Weight- $250 & Plaque . Youth Division: A buckle. Winners will be announced at the Full Strut Dinner & Dance on Saturday, April 10, 2021.
3. Adult hunters must sign up and have the $50 entry fee paid prior to submitting any qualifying bird into the contest. The entry form and fee will make a hunter eligible to enter the contest from Wednesday, April 7th through 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 10th, 2021. All hunters must sign the release of liability and registration form for eligibility. Each entry that brings in a bird will be given 1 ticket to the Full Strut Dinner & Dance.
4. Youth hunters must sign up and have the $25 entry fee paid prior to submitting any qualifying bird into the contest. The entry form and fee will make the youth hunter eligible to harvest and enter a turkey in the contest from Wednesday, April 7th through 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 10th, 2021. All hunters must sign the release of liability and registration form for eligibility. Each entry that brings in a bird will be given 1 ticket to the Full Strut Dinner & Dance.
5. Eligible turkey must be harvested in Texas or Oklahoma on your private property, lease, or land from landowner whom you have permission from Wednesday, April 6th through 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 9th, 2022.
6. Turkeys will be scored during the following hours:
Thursday, April 7th – 11-1 pm and 6 pm-8 pm at The Caboose - 202 W. Omega, Henrietta
Friday, April 8th – 11-1 pm and 6 pm- 8 pm at The Caboose - 202 W. Omega, Henrietta
Saturday, April 9th - up to 1 pm at CCPR Rodeo Grounds during the festival
7. Winner will be decided by the total score according to the National Wild Turkey Federation Scoring System:
a. Weight of Bird (pounds and ounces, convert to decimal)
b. Length of Spur (convert to decimal, add both measurements and multiply by 10)
c. Length of Beard (convert to decimal and multiply by 2)
d. Add total points for final score
Other: All measurements taken to the nearest 1/16 of an inch.
All scoring is final after leaving the scoring table.
8. Turkey must be legally harvested and properly tagged according to the most recent Texas or Oklahoma Hunting Guide when brought in for measurement. Game Wardens will be on site during judging to check hunting license. All invalid entries will be automatically eliminated from the competition.
9. By entering the contest, you have agreed to comply with all rules and all decisions of the Battle of the Beards contest and have paid your entry fee in full. All scoring is final after leaving the scoring table.
10. Entry forms can be delivered, mailed or submitted to the Henrietta & Clay County Chamber of Commerce. Must be registered no later than Wednesday, April 6th at 5:00 pm.